Friday, April 10, 2015

Welcome Spring To your Home......

Happy Friday !! Although It has been a bit chilly in NY it finally feels like Spring. The sun is shining more than ever and i can hear the music of the ice cream truck. Now, inside my home it doesn't feel like Spring. We put our Christmas decorations almost 3 months ago and it has looked pretty plain.

 I said to myself it cannot only be my apartment or home looking like this maybe together with other gals we can spruce up our apartment and make it feel like Spring. These are my five tips on making your home feel like Spring

Flowers are a great and affordable way to spritz up your home. I think Tulips are great for spring not only they come out in the Spring but also they are beautiful. They are simply beautiful. I suggest buying enough to place around your home. If you don't have mason jars you can purchase them at the dollar store and place one or two tulips on a mason jar and place it on your bathroom sink, another in your dresser and the main one in the dining table. I am sure your home will smell and look lovely.

 I bought these about a week ago and they got prettier each day. This was on their third day. BTW they only cost 10 dollars.



Talking about smell. It is very important for your home to smell divine. I love to purchase candles and make home scents. My favorite scent of all time is the William Sonoma store scent. you only need a couple ingredients Vanilla, rosemary and sliced lemons. After it starts boiling your home will smell divine and very clean. 

Other products that i love to purchase in the home are The Mrs Meyers Lemon Verbena dish soap, hand soap and all purpose cleaner. Every time someone enters my bathroom they ask me what is that smell. And it's simply the hand soap. I am in love with it.  It has a touch of citrus which is perfect for the Spring you can purchase it here.

I just love this Wreath it Screams Spring. It's basically inviting people to your home. I found it at one of my favorite online shops of course ETSY its a custom made wreath and the owner of the shop can custom make them as you wish. You can find it here.


 OH pillows I heart you! I do have a fascination for pillows. My mom always tells me that there is no space on the linen closet for more pillows. And is true but i think this time she won't care because they are to die for. You can find them at West Elm.

Another way to welcome your home to Spring is to CLEAN . Have you ever heard of Spring Cleaning.  I remember being a little girl and my mom would say "Now Andrea lets go through your toys and closet and is time to donate". Trust me i was not the happiest but through out the years i have understand the meaning. This past weekend before Easter my mom and I decided to get down and dirty and clean out apartment as best as we could. I mean We started at 7 am and we were done by 5pm yes we cleaned everything even the walls. Our home looks and smells fresh. We added a couple more plants and were ready for Spring 2015.

I hope Spring is treating you a okay. So far  i am not missing Winter.

XOXO Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment